Thursday, August 22, 2013

NY: (Not quite) Day One

Hiii! This is the story of how I went to New York.
(Lol yes this entry is about the journey there! Hahaha
it won't be pointless, I promise. Some really funny things happened)


Standing on the baggage weighing scale - this is not allowed pls wag tularan.
I took this when we were fixing our tickets to Hong Kong.
_MG_6123


I didn't take any photos at the lounge, but this did happen there...
MOM: 'Day, may tsismis ako sa'yo mamaya.
ATE DIDAY: Sige, mamaya sa lounge.
ANA: Can I know the tsismis?
MOM: No, Anette. It's about sex. 
_MG_6129


Took a photo of the guy in the seat next to me
_MG_6133


When we landed in Hong Kong, we had to go through inspection before 
we could go to the next lounge (which was my plan) or go shopping 
(this was Ate Diday and Mom's plan, duh) tapos Kuya Manolo called me and said:
_MG_6234


Merienda at the Cathay lounge
_MG_6135


I had noodles from the Noodle Bar! (Hi Trachea, I remembered you!)
_MG_6138


When Ate Diday and Mom left to go shopping, I moved into an
emo spot at the lounge (I have a photo of that on my LJ blog, except it's gone now!)
and had an ice cream while talking to Kimpoi and Carlos on Viber.
_MG_6140



Walking to the plane..............................................................
_MG_6143



For a 14-hour flight, always have a comfortable shirt to sleep in.
This polo is not that shirt.
_MG_6151



This is that shirt! 
_MG_6153



The plane pretends it's night time so that people go to sleep!
I was busy watching a bunch of movies and shows -
and when I actually wanted to sleep na, the plane started shaking
and I thought we were going to die :-| I was just lying there
 wishing for the shaking to calm down huhuhuhuhuhuhuhu
_MG_6158



Fast forward to New York! We were in line for whatever it is you have to do
when you get to a new country - I have no idea what it is called
but it involves showing your passport and giving your finger prints. That is not
the point here, because the point is
JOHN LEGEND PASSED BY US WHILE WE WERE STANDING IN LINE
_MG_6237


YEAH AS IN THIS GUY OK.
Huhuhuhu I love him

(Thank you, Google #1)


Ate Diday had a driver pick us up, and I got to ride shotgun!
_MG_6161



Fast forward again - chenen! This is the lobby of our hotel.
_MG_6164



This is us on the way up to our floor.
_MG_6167



The guy who checked us in was also the guy who brought our bags up to our rooms.
While he was moving our luggage, he asked me if I wanted a fun fact.
_MG_6248


Yes, as in this guy.

(Thank you, Google #2)



Now, I haven't been back to New York for quite a while
(Quite a while = 16 years), so nothing looked familiar to me.


The restaurant at the lobby of our hotel was closed and they wanted to eat dinner,
so we walked around a bit. Our hotel is right in front of the Public Library, by the way!
_MG_6170



We turned at the corner and ended up at Bryant Park where we found
a restaurant, so we decided to eat there (read: gutomy abwell)
_MG_6177



And that's pretty much it for the On-the-way-there-because-I-don't-count-it-as-a-day post!
_MG_6180




6 comments:

  1. Yay, a blog update from you!

    Anyways, the last time I was in New York was 20 years ago. So if I go there now, I'd be like a lost puppy O_O hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. bentang bv yung drawings mo tae

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I miss you wanna see you have a story for you

      Delete
  3. I am SO glad you're blogging again. I SUPER missed you ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HIIIIIIII HELLO oh ehm I disappeared for quite a while again =)))

      Delete