Sunday, March 1, 2015

SG April '14: Day 3 (Part 1)

April 19, 2014

(This is a two-part entry because there's a family part and a friend part - 
I spent lunch and dinner with my family and I was with Camille in between)



The reason why I didn't bring a camera on this trip was because of this.

Ahhhh, thanks Dad! I've been wanting to replace my 7D for a while now.
(Kasi feeling ko hindi talaga kami meant to be) I wanted the new camera to 
be a lot smaller and a lot lighter kaya I did some research and found out about
the 100D. It's so tiny! Now the only heavy thing about my camera is the lens,
pero okay lang kasi it's a lot more manageable na pa rin. And ugh,
I received this lens pa. It's sooo nice iyak tayo guys

(Pero LOL. I didn't use it until I got back to Manila so all the photos from
this day until the end of this trip are still from my phone's camera)
IMG_5981


Hello Tess (Sorry I posted this pero I found it funny)
IMG_5985


Hello Trachea
IMG_5987


While we were walking to Ippudo, we saw a guy with a prosthetic leg. 
Cool diba!!!
IMG_5988


Also passed by this cute place where you could go and paint!
IMG_5990


At Ippudo they also have those giant manga displays like they have
in Yabu, except yup, the drawings are about ramen, not tonkatsu.
(Check out the guy in the middle, so happy to be reading a ramen manga)
IMG_5995


I made a star out of sesame seeds.
IMG_5997


It wasn't just Miko who recently celebrated his birthday. Kuya Leo had his just a few
days before, on April 11. He received a gift in Singapore and opened it before we ate.
It was a cute figure of a guy with three cameras! (Kuya Leo is a photographer and a 
member of the Camera Club of the Philippines)
IMG_5998



YUMMMMMMMM!!!
IMG_6003


Ate Diday's top had a cute chair pattern on it. I liked it because I like chairs.
IMG_6007



-----------------------------------------------

After lunch, I met up with Camille. 
Part 2 is where you'll find what we did!
Don't read ahead nalang if you want to 
read about this day in chronological order!

-----------------------------------------------



So ayon, I was on the train back to Somerset na. 
Dad suddenly texted me asking where I was, so I started
to panic. Designated meet up time for our trip to the restaurant 
was in around 6 minutes, and I was going to have to 
walk pa from Somerset to the hotel.

When the train doors opened, I made a run for it.
Sa sobrang madali, I went up the wrong exit. Instead of 
ending up inside the mall (the exit I was familiar with), 
I went up the stairs to find a skate park.
WHAT.

More panic ensues.

I ran down the skate park steps because I saw that the mall 
was right across it, but it was a dead end. There was a gate blocking 
the way.  "OMG BAKIT ANG MALAS KO" levels na yung brain ko.

That was the SECOND wrong exit I made and all in under two minutes!!
I could not slow down due to the thought of my father getting very enggry,
so I made a quick turn and ran back up the stairs to find a different way 
out of the skate park. Finally I'm in the mall, then out the other end of
the mall, then at Cineleisure, then at the back entrance of Mandarin,
then at the lobby. They were all there waiting but Dad didn't get angry, yahu!


This was what I looked like:
IMG_5448


There were so many of us that we needed to take a bus!
That's Mr. Alan-dude and Tita Lani in front, Tita Mimi next to
Tito Ronny (not seen), Dad behind them, and Dad's friend who 
I do not know on the single left seat. (Plus Uncle Jimmy, Ate Diday, 
Kuya Leo, Pammy, Tisha, Tracy, Miko, and Ana - that's me! - in the back)
IMG_6077


Pow Sing! (As you may have noticed, we cannot go to Singapore without
having Hainanese Chicken Rice.)
IMG_6079


Omg though. We weren't able to get down from the bus agad when we 
got there. The driver was about to let us down in the driveway
then park when we suddenly heard shouting. A police car was parked beside 
us and a policewoman was telling us to get out of the way because she wanted 
to leave first (I am assuming this is what she was saying because from inside 
the bus she looked like she was going to punch us if we didn't move) 
We never found out why she was doing that, but even if it was because of an 
emergency somewhere, I didn't think it was right to be shouting and angry 
and nagwawala in front of a bus. There was a proper - ehem respectful ehem - 
way to do that, 'no. This is how she looked like. What a scary lady.
IMG_5429



After all that was over, we finally got to go in. The place looks a lot newer now!
(Or baka feel ko lang yun. Wa ko knows.)
IMG_6080


I got Milo because Milo is yummy in Singapore.
IMG_6082


I love you
IMG_6085



Miko took me to a little ice cream place nearby after eating because he wanted some 
dessert. While he was paying I saw this ice cream cake on display and I wanted
to eat all the tiny marshmallows. Tiny marshmallows are awesome.
IMG_6086


Wow nucks OBEY + CDG amazing
IMG_6088


Uncle Jimmy did a head count as we entered the bus (Field trip?)
IMG_6095


We had plans to meet up with some of Miko's friends (One of them, Pia, 
is Tisha's batch mate from grade school) pero they weren't there yet kaya
we went back to Cathay and looked at Left Foot (I love Left Foot guys)
Untitled-1

Ayon that was Day 3 tah-dah!
I never know how to end entries. :-/

2 comments:

  1. You have a way of making kwento that really entertains me, Ana! ��������

    ReplyDelete