Thursday, January 29, 2015

Meraki: Maidens of Sound

AND BACK TO REGULAR PROGRAMMING!!!

Last April 13, 2014 I planned to go to this music + art thing at
Fort with my friends because I'm a really big fan of June Marieezy.
I used to freak out every time I saw her around Taft, ok.
(If you don't know her, please check her out!) 

It was our monthsary too so I thought it would be perfect
to celebrate with great music + our friends!

<commercial>
When I saw the poster for the event, the art style reminded me of
a wall in High Street so I decided to do some research kasi fun
mag research. (Admit it you guys, you miss your thesis and I
guess just school in general after it's over! For Sir YC Kong's
MMABIZ2 kids, "ANAK NG! ... Citation Machine....")
cbf48c44f7f7a4d135e9249c02610995


Tried to find the artist who made the poster, found out that
the artist's name is Dee Jae Paeste, looked through some Google
 images then tenenenen, lo and behold, I was right! This is a photo
of Dee Jae standing in front of his painting at High Street!
1394601856-DeeJae
I stole this from spot.ph
 </commercial>

I didn't take a lot of photos that night cos I honestly just really wanted
to watch June kasi I have never seen her live before and this concert
of sorts was supposed to be a send off for her and for another
artist called Low Leaf who is also very very cool! They both don't
live in Manila and this was supposed to be their last gig. (June ended up staying
in Manila though pero okay lang at least I still got to see her, and sa Fort pa,
so it was super near! I don't think I'll ever be allowed to go to Malasimbo
or any music festival that's outside Manila so this was super lucky!)


SimilarObjects <--- He's awesome!
2014-04-13 19.35.15

2014-04-13 19.52.14

RAW (as in Fuego from those FlipTop rap battles, guys)
2014-04-13 20.05.06

2014-04-13 20.16.11



2014-04-13 20.31.03-1

2014-04-13 20.31.08

2014-04-13 20.31.13


AGHHHHH IT'S JUNE!!!!!!!!
2014-04-13 22.40.57


Gosh you guys I was so kilig in this moment. A bunch of people were hanging
out in front and I really wanted to get a photo so Carlos was nice enough to
let me go ahead and leave them at the back while I crawled my way to get
a nice spot. Agh, she was amazing!
2014-04-13 22.40.54


I got a picture of her smiling! :-(
2014-04-13 22.40.53

2014-04-13 22.27.59


After the gig, we saw June walking around and talking to people kaya
my friends started telling me to go ask her for a photo pero masyado po
akong nastar-struck please. After freaking out for a bit and deciding to head
home, we run into Luis (aka my amazing film friend) and he tells me he's
gonna ask her for a photo. At this point the friends I'm with are hitting me
and making YIIIIIIIIE sounds and I get even more nervous.

Luis drags me back inside and we look for her. When he sees her, he really just
walks over and starts a conversation with her and I'm just standing there behind
him thinking, "Oh my god I look like a freaking idiot just standing here staring
HOW THE HELL IS HE DOING THIS RIGHT NOW" pero I couldn't do anything
else talaga ano ba =(( As Luis promised though, I did get that pic! Pero na-ashame
ako sa fezz ko kaya here, look at how pretty she is nalang. She wasn't too comfortable
with what was happening and she left kaya Luis didn't get to take another shot
pero HELLER I'm so happy with this na 'no!!!??!
2014-04-13 23.49.37


I couldn't find any links to RAW's music but this is a collab
between June + RAW para you hear something from him pa rin nye he he



Heehee and watch this video of her song Fly, because it's so nice

No comments:

Post a Comment